Dr Ponnari Gottipati is a Research Management, Science Education and Engagement consultant in Hyderabad and has experience of working with educational organisations engaging with school children. In addition to SaS, she currently also consults for LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad in research management. Trained in Molecular Biology with a PhD from University of Sheffield and Postdoc from University of Oxford, she was previously at the DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance. Celebrating science through engagement and outreach enthuses and inspires her.
Dr Sarah Iqbal trained as a researcher in Life Sciences and is currently an independent science engagement consultant in India. She holds a PhD in Biochemistry from the University of Oxford, UK, and was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Scripps Research Institute, USA, before joining the Indian science funding agency, DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance (India Alliance) as their Communications and Public Engagement Lead. She is currently working as an independent consultant at the newly formed not-for-profit, Foundation for Advancing Science and Technology (FAST-India) in New Delhi, and serving as a strategic adviser to the India Science Festival.
Sarah is interested in exploring creative and inclusive tools and methodologies to enable public and policy engagement with science, and embedding these in research and innovation towards building a more inclusive, equitable and sustainable future.
Dr Somdatta Karak is trained as a molecular and cellular Neuroscientist at the University of Göttingen and had been a Teach for India Fellow. In her current role she designs and handles the communication channels at Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad. Through these she informs and engages with students, educators, industries as well as general public of the research and other activities at CCMB. She loves working towards building a more informed society.
SaS Pilot Workshop partners
Grassroot comics workshops
Mr Sharad Sharma is a cartoonist based in New Delhi. He has experience of working in newspapers, magazines and electronic media before he founded World Comics India introducing Grassroots Comics as an alternate medium to mainstream comics. He has been conducting grassroots comics workshops all across India and also internationally to initiate social campaigns on various issues. He has also published several books and manuals and won awards for his work in the social sphere.
Dr Madhuri Dutta is Research Administrator currently at George Institute for Global Health India, New Delhi. Trained in life sciences both in India and abroad, she has previously worked at the Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance, Public Health Foundation of India and Indian Institute of Health Management and Research, New Delhi, where she has gained experience of managing and evaluating various research projects. She is passionate about capacity building and public engagement in public health research.
SaS workshop facilitator (Independent)
Dr Sathya Srinivasachari is a Teacher Developer at the Royal Society of Chemistry (Yusuf Hamied Inspirational Science Programme) and a science education enthusiast. A trained organic chemist with a PhD from the University of Cincinnati, US, she received the DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance Early Career Fellowship to pursue research in the field of structural biology at the Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (InStem), Bangalore. With a strong belief that scientific advancement must be embedded into a larger societal framework, she is passionate in designing creative contents and tools to connect science with the broader community.
Sathya has been conducting SaS workshops in Bengaluru in her personal capacity.
- Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB), Hyderabad, Scientific Partner
- LV Prasad Eye Institute (LVPEI), Hyderabad, Administrative Partner (2021-22)
- World Comics India, New Delhi, Grassroots Comics Workshop Facilitator for the SaS pilot
- George Institute for Global Health India, New Delhi, Evaluation Partner for the SaS Pilot
- DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance, provided funding and in-kind support for the SaS pilot programme (2018-20)
- The British for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (BSAC), provided funding and in-kind support through their Stop Superbugs programme (2021-22)
- Dr Raghunand R. Tirumalai, Tuberculosis Researcher, CCMB, Hyderabad
- Dr Priyamvada Chugh, Consultant, Communications team at Unitaid
- Dr Sivranjani Santosh, pediatrician, Magna Clinics, Hyderabad
- Dr Sweena Chaudhari, Immunologist, Tardigrade Pvt Ltd
- Dr Rupinder Kaur, Microbiologist, Center for DNA fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Hyderabad and DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance Senior Fellow
- Dr Shahid Jameel, Virologist, former CEO, DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance
- Mr Chiru Yerra, VFX Animator, Mr Sunny Blake Ganta, Visual Effects Creative Director and Mr Maheswar Kudupudi, Animator
- Dhiviya Vedagiri, PhD student, CCMB, Hyderabad
- Mahesh Survi, PhD student, CCMB, Hyderabad
- V Devi Prasad, PhD student, CCMB, Hyderabad