Superheroes Against Superbugs (SaS) is an initiative launched in 2018 with support from the Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance and with the aim to build a community dedicated to tackle the growing threat of antibiotic resistant-infections in India. SaS programmes aim to engage with the general public to raise public awareness and improve public understanding of this global threat to build a society of smart antibiotic users. Learn More about the initiative and the problem of superbugs.
SaS is a novel and unique effort where school children have been made creative partners in the fight against this century’s biggest health threat. We combined innovative science education and public engagement approaches to ensure that the project not only empowers young children with scientific knowledge but equips them with tools to use this knowledge to promote awareness and action in their sphere of influence. Click here for the engagement resources created by our young partners – children in the pilot workshops.
Recognition for the initiative
- Second winner at Call To Action on AMR 2018, Co-hosted by Wellcome Trust with the governments of Ghana and Thailand, and the United Nations Foundation.
- Featured by WHO during Antibiotic Awareness Week 2018
- Interviewed by @BattleSuperbugs, an initiative by George Washington University, USA
- Featured in South African-based Mail & Guardian newspaper in November 2018
- Joins BD’s #AMResistanceFighters Coalition, November 2018.
- Featured by ReAct as an “example from the field”, raising awareness on antibiotic resistance or related subjects . More news
Click here for our fun and interactive educational resources on Antibiotic Resistance, free to use for educational and awareness purposes.
The pilot has been possible due to successful partnerships with World Comics India (for Grassroots comics), Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad (scientific partner) and The George Institute for Global Health, New Delhi (evaluation partner).
We, at SaS, would love to work with other like-minded organisations/individuals working in this space in India, so please reach out to us at email@example.com.